One of the leading publishing and digital media organisations are looking to hire an audiobook publishing assistant to join their growing team. Having gone through significant growth in the UK in the company is now looking to add even more talented people to its passionate and energetic team. You will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with an ambitious and highly rewarding company. Please read what we are looking for and tell me why you would be good for this role.
You will need to be capable, organised, enthusiastic, and have an interest in providing the highest standards of care. Your approach to tasks should be methodical and you should be good at multi-tasking. With so many people to look after, you will need to be hardworking and determined and have a positive approach.
As the publishing assistant, your role will include:
- Managing the external studios located in various countries around the world – mainly UK and USA
- Liaising with publishers, agents, authors and coordinating the hiring of narrators and studios to complete audio recordings by the deadline and within budget
- Quality control to produce high-quality products for digital and physical supply to markets
- File management, coordination of manuscripts and pre-existing audio assets, data entry, and general administrative tasks
- Supply of assets as required to third party stakeholders
- Actively search for new narrators through contacting agents and casting calls
- Creation and administration of production contracts and documentation
- Ensuring the needs of authors and narrators are met while recording at the company eg arranging transport, accommodation, lunches as required
- Pitching in and proofing and doing post-production if ever required
The ideal candidate for the position of publishing assistant must have:
- Exceptional administration skills
- Advanced Excel skills – highly familiar with Excel and using large spreadsheets
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan effectively and manage changing priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to follow things through without having to be reminded
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work well in a production team consisting of multiple external studios here and overseas
- Ability to solve problems on the fly
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Process-driven and efficiency in maintaining output to a high standard
- A passion for books in all formats, reading and publishing
- Same values as our business – Teamwork, Grit, Adapt, Do What We Say, Act Big, Fun, We deliver wow.
In return, the publishing assistant will receive a salary of £22000 - £24000 DOE. 20 days holiday plus BH. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are passionate about publishing books and technology.
To apply for the position of click 'apply now to send us a copy of your cv