Job Title: Nursery Manager
Location: Central Southampton
Salary: £40,000 per annum (increased to £45,000 after passing probation)
Working Hours: 9 hours per day (rotating between early starts and late finishes within the nursery's opening hours, 7 am to 6.30 pm) 30 mins for Lunch
- Childcare Discounts
- Free Uniform
- Additional holidays for long service
- Competitive Salary
- Regular Training
- Annual Team Training Day
- Long Service Award
- £20 to attend the interview, £100 when offered the job, and £500 when you start
- Birthday off
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Parking
- Free Breakfast and Lunch
- International trips for Xmas parties
About the Nursery:
The nursery's mission is "Happy Children – Happy Parents," dedicated to providing high-quality childcare and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years. It is the largest and busiest single setting in Southampton, serving 200 children and 300 parents.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Nursery Manager to lead a team of 30 staff members in creating a nurturing and educational environment for children. Your role is integral to the success of the nursery and its expansion plans. You will have the opportunity to shape the strategic direction, inspire the team, and make critical decisions while fostering a positive work culture.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferably a degree in early childhood education, childcare management, or a related field.
- Previous management experience is essential.
- Experience in implementing educational curriculum or programs for young children is valuable.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Manage and develop a team of educators and support staff.
- Provide mentorship and professional growth opportunities for staff.
- Focus on the well-being, safety, and development of the children attending the nursery.
- Build strong relationships with parents, staff, and the wider community.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is more about the unique experience and skillset you bring rather than years in a particular role. The nursery encourages ongoing professional development and training for all team members.
If you are an enthusiastic, experienced leader who is ready to make a significant impact and share in the success of the nursery, we invite you to apply. Join us in shaping the future of early childhood education and expanding our offerings to the Southampton community.
To apply for this role, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and relevant experience. If you reach the interview stage, we will provide a detailed description of our nursery's values and culture. It is vital that you align with and uphold these values.
Join us in creating a nurturing and educational environment for children while advancing your career in the dynamic field of childcare management.